Followers

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My take on uber radical politics and liberalism

If anyone wonders why I'd blog this subject on a blog that began as a widow's journey, well, JD had a huge hand in educating me (and I him) on many subjects. This is one that was very important to both of us.
I learned quite some time ago that arguing with someone who has a difference of opinion-especially drunks and liberals, is a waste of breath.
Actually I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the drugged out fool with the idea that guns are for killing innocents also. That does not mean I wouldn't take every opportunity to shoot him down to prevent the death or injury of innocents.
When arguing with a liberal or other uber radical (forget arguing with a drunk-nothing to be done there) you cannot use reasoned arguments. They are indoctrinated. At some point we've all accepted as "truth" a concept, an idea that we no longer THINK with on that subject. We simply "know", whether what we know has any relationship to reality or not. Each one of these acceptances without reason makes us a bit less sane.
I'm still finding them and I consider myself to be, for the most part, a rational thinker.
What one needs to do in place of argument is question!!!
Where did you get that information?
Who said it?
What proof is there?
Why would that make things better? How do you KNOW that? Are there actual reliable statistics with studies to back them up?
Well, you get the idea.
We have to become the two year old. WHY???? And "because" or "I just know" isn't an acceptable answer.
If or when the other person in the argument begins name calling you know you're dealing with someone who has no intention of thinking anything through. Leave it. Might as well try to push a 1000 lb boulder up hill without the use of heavy equipment. Waste of time.
You do stand a chance of reaching someone who wants to be a good thinker. Who wants to be right.
They may be operating on "we must help others" without a qualifier. They may have other implanted ideas they've never looked at. If you can get anyone to look you may have saved them.
Consider the story of the congress woman (I'm going from memory of a news story I read a long time back) who was anti-gun until faced, unarmed, with an armed criminal. THIS broke through for that person. Reality came in, thankfully without the bang.
I'm hoping this helped even one person get one other person to reason. If it did, then it was absolutely worth writing and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog. I hope there is as much help for you in reading as there is for me in writing.